Wednesday, December 8, 2010

4-1600 day 2 & 3

First I have to say that William is doing exceptionally well these past few days in the hospital. He has been alert and even happy with grins and chattering. The eggnog shakes have been his only meals since Monday afternoon and he is handling this VERY well. I saw three tonic-clonic seizures Monday night and one this morning but none yesterday. Ella and Grandma came up to visit yesterday. Ella likes to pretend she is a doctor or nurse so she was thrilled to be visiting the hospital. Of course I always feel so thankful that she is only a visitor and can leave with Grandma to the comfort of her home. Thank goodness for Grandma; I just can't say it enough.
William and I had a few more special visitors last evening which was nice. After our friends left I called Wayne and received some very distressing news. Wayne just found out that his brother tragically passed away. We talked and finally decided that I will continue on with this keto plan and stay in the hospital until Friday. It is upsetting to be away from Wayne during this hard time but William has come so far and is almost completely initiated to the diet so neither one of us want to give that up. Wayne was at our home and on the phone with his father a lot last night so I was here with William calling many people to talk. It was hard being apart but Wayne had Ella for the night. Tonight Grandma has Ella and Wayne is coming up to be with William and I for a few hours. Please keep Wayne and his family in your thoughts. He will be driving five hours downstate to be with his other brother and father tomorrow. His mother passed away suddenly from a brain aneurism just before we were married 7 years ago. So I think its very important for Wayne to go be with his dad. Of course I am having a very difficult time with this sudden tragic loss of life as well; I was just getting to know Dean as he and wayne were working on our house. Thats really all I have the heart to write at this time. So awful....
For dinner tonight William can eat his first full keto meal!!! I will update with how that goes. Last night around 11 he threw up quite a bit so I am hoping he can keep this high fat meal down. I will update more on the meal tonight....

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to visit with you today... Hopefully you'll get to go home tonight! (Fingers crossed!) I wish I could have stayed longer. Thinking of you all...

    ReplyDelete