Sunday, May 31, 2009

Passing on Another Great Book


Last night I finished a terrific book called The Year My Son and I Were Born - A Story of Down Syndrome, Motherhood, and Self- Discovery by Kathryn Lynard Soper.  Kathryn shares about the birth of her son Thomas and their journey through his first year of life. She writes with wit and honesty that I admire. I found comfort in knowing that another women shared some of my darkest fears and thoughts while parenting a child with special needs. She has courage to present the world with her most deep and sometimes seemingly ugly thoughts. 

So although I tend to hoard books (Wayne has the wood to make me two more shelves....) I decided to pass this one on through Paperback swap.com.  It seemed like a waste to let such a moving book sit on my shelf when another mom could read it. Sure enough as soon as I posted it on the website it was snatched up!! 

Thank you Kathryn! Your story is being sent to yet another mom to cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment