Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update

I finally took the bandages off and stared that incision down. Not a tear was shed; although it looks as bad as I imaged and is four inches long. I guess I am stronger than I thought. Updates on results to come soon and then I promise to stop talking about my anatomy and move onto much more exciting topics.....

Quick update on William; seizures come and go. Today he had a longer one than usual which was concerning. He seems to have a cold so that might be affecting threshold levels. The appointment with GI went well; although I saw Dr. Brown for a total of ...oh lets see.... 1 minute. I talked mostly to a wonderful nurse who is willing to work with William and I to give this Keto diet our best shot. William will begin reflux medications next week with the goal of moving back to the 4:1 fats: carbs/protein ratio (blah) in hopes of better seizure control.

Tomorrow is Wayne's b-day; he and I are going out for a nice adult dinner... alone....woohoo. Tomorrow we are also taking the kids to Disney on Ice at the Blue Cross arena. My mom and dad used to take me to these shows when I was young and I loved them. I can't wait to share the experience with my kids.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What time are you going to Disney on Ice? We are going at 1. Hope to see you there!! :)
    I really want to talk with you. I just found out that one of my students has lissencephenly. He is a great guy and I can't wait to tell you about him!
    What reflux drug is he going on? Let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete