Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Poems and Paper

As always I feel the need to mix things up a bit; blogging on the computer and the old fashioned writing on paper... reading on my Nook followed by a paper book....
Whatever method you choose; if you still crave the feel of paper here is some I have a passion for...

I love the office supply section in stores. I take my time (when I can) and admire all the new styles of notebooks and journals. I even enjoy just a thick brand new legal pad....ohhh lala paper; it gets me excited.... strange I know but true.
Yet, if you find yourself in a bit of a conundrum because you love both paper and trees; check out the links above. More pricey but recycled and oh so pretty. I also found some paper made from stone at a local store. The pages are super silky and unique but much more heavy than regular paper....go figure ....

Happy writing ....

I will leave you with a poem to ponder...

Invictus by William Ernest Henley (1840-1903)
(Invictus is Latin for Undefeated)
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll

I am the master of my fate;
I am captain of my soul



No comments:

Post a Comment